Information for those who have been accepted at a meditation
course at the Southeast Vipassana Center:
Important Registration Notice
As accommodations are limited, we often have waiting lists for
our courses. It is your responsibility to confirm your registration via the instructions in your acceptance email.
If you are unable to attend, please
inform us as soon as possible so that another person on the waiting
list may attend.
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU HAVE NOT RECONFIRMED BY THE 14TH DAY (TWO
BEFORE YOUR COURSE BEGINS, YOUR SPACE WILL BE GIVEN TO SOMEONE ON THE
Thank you for your cooperation.
Code of Discipline
If you have not already done so, please read the
Introduction to the Technique and Code of Discipline
Arrival & Departure Information
All students are asked to arrive between 2:00 and 5:00 p.m. on
the day the course begins. After registration is completed, a light
meal and orientation will precede the start of the course. The
course will end at approximately 7:30 a.m. on the last day, which
is the 11th day, of the course. All new students, as well as old
taking a full course, are required to remain until the very end of the
course. Part-time old students will not be permitted to leave on Metta
day, the tenth full day, except in case of emergency or by prior
arrangement with the assistant teacher(s).
Items to Bring to Your Course
- Your own warm blankets or sleeping bag (A light fleece blanket
will be provided.)
- Top and bottom sheet for a twin-size bed
- Pillowcase (One sleeping pillow will be provided.)
- Only minimal hand-washing facilities are available, so please
bring enough comfortable, loose fitting clothing for the duration of
your stay. All students should observe the rules for modest dress
as outlined in
the Code of Discipline.
are not permitted. Tights or leggings
should be worn only under a knee length top or skirt/dress.
- Bath towel, hand towels, wash cloths, etc.
- Bath soap, shampoo
- Toothpaste, toothbrush
- Unscented deodorant
- Shaving/sanitary supplies
- For the comfort of the other students please do not bring any
perfumes or scented creams, powders, shaving lotions, etc.
- We supply a large base cushion and a smaller sitting cushion for
every student. Please bring any additional cushions that you may need
or prefer. Students may also wish to bring a shawl or blanket to use in
the meditation hall that is separate from their sleeping blankets.
- Footwear: easy slip-ons, e.g. clogs or flip flops for outside
wear, house-slippers for inside wear. You will not need to wear any
in the meditation hall.
- A shawl or light blanket other than your sleeping blanket for use
in the meditation hall
- Unscented mosquito repellent
- Liquid laundry soap
- Small battery operated alarm clock
- Flashlight with extra batteries
Suggested Seasonal Items
- Seasonal outdoor wear: jacket, warm hat, warm socks, raincoat,
PLEASE DO NOT BRING
Note: If you arrive with any of these items you will be asked
to leave them with the management until the end of the course.
- Books, diaries, journals and other reading/writing materials
- Cell phones and other personal electronic devices may not be used as alarm clocks during the course. They must be deposited with the management upon registration, and they will be returned on the last day when the course is over.
- Electronic equipment, laptops, etc.
- Musical instruments
- Tobacco in any form
- Perfumes or strongly scented toiletries
- Religious or spiritual objects
- Jewelry or other unnecessary valuables
Directions To Course
Please visit the following website for directions:
Southeast Vipassana Center
476 Rogers Break
Jesup, GA 31546